What is Keratin Treatment?
Keratin treatment is a hair treatment that aims to restore and strengthen damaged hair. The treatment involves the use of a keratin solution that is applied to the hair, which is then sealed in using a flat iron. The result is smooth, frizz-free hair that is easier to manage and style.
How Does Keratin Treatment Work?
The keratin solution used in the treatment is comprised of keratin, a protein that is naturally found in hair, skin, and nails. The solution is applied to the hair, which is then sealed in using heat. The heat helps to bond the keratin to the hair, resulting in smoother, stronger hair that is less prone to breakage.
Benefits of Keratin Treatment
Some of the benefits of keratin treatment include:
- Reduced frizz
- Improved manageability
- Increased shine
- Reduced drying time
- Long-lasting results
How to Find Keratin Near Me
If you’re looking for keratin treatment near you, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Check with local salons to see if they offer keratin treatment
- Read reviews from previous customers to ensure that the salon is reputable
- Ask the stylist about their experience with keratin treatment
- Ask about the price of the treatment and any additional costs
Preparing for Keratin Treatment
Before getting keratin treatment, there are a few things you should do to prepare:
- Wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo to remove any build-up
- Avoid using any styling products the day of the treatment
- Wear loose-fitting clothing to avoid any friction on the hair
The Keratin Treatment Process
The keratin treatment process typically takes around two hours, depending on the length and thickness of your hair. Here’s what you can expect:
- The stylist will wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo
- The keratin solution will be applied to your hair, section by section
- Your hair will be blow-dried and then flat-ironed to seal in the keratin
- You’ll be instructed not to wash your hair for at least 48 hours after the treatment
Aftercare for Keratin Treatment
To ensure that your keratin treatment lasts as long as possible, there are a few things you should do after the treatment:
- Avoid washing your hair for at least 48 hours after the treatment
- Avoid using any styling products that contain sulfates or sodium chloride
- Avoid exposing your hair to chlorine or saltwater
- Use a keratin-infused shampoo and conditioner to help maintain the treatment
Who Should Get Keratin Treatment?
Keratin treatment is ideal for those with frizzy, damaged, or unmanageable hair. It can be particularly beneficial for those with curly hair, as it can help to smooth out curls and reduce frizz. However, it’s important to note that keratin treatment is not recommended for those with extremely damaged hair or for those who have had chemical treatments within the past few months.
The Cost of Keratin Treatment
The cost of keratin treatment can vary depending on the salon and the length and thickness of your hair. On average, you can expect to pay between $200 and $500 for the treatment.
Alternatives to Keratin Treatment
If keratin treatment isn’t right for you, there are a few alternatives to consider:
- Hair Botox
- Japanese Hair Straightening
- Chemical Relaxers
- Hair Extensions
Choosing the Right Salon for Keratin Treatment
When choosing a salon for keratin treatment, it’s important to do your research. Look for a salon that has experience with keratin treatment and has positive reviews from previous customers. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and get a sense of the stylist’s experience and expertise.
Keratin treatment can be a great option for those looking to reduce frizz, improve manageability, and strengthen damaged hair. By following these tips, you can find the right salon for your needs and ensure that your treatment lasts as long as possible.